FOOD WASTE & CompostABLE
We are one of the only vendors in the Greater Boston Area that can pick up your food scraps – no matter how much you generate!
We have provided food waste collection since 2007. We are working with a range of businesses and institutions to provide food scrap collections, and help them comply with the 2014 Massachusetts DEP Organics Waste Ban.
As of January 2018 food scraps and a tolerant mix of compostable service ware are accepted in the organics recycling program we provide.
Accepted Food Waste and Compostable Products
- Fruit and vegetables
- Meat, poultry and fish scraps (including bones and fat trimmings)
- Dairy products (cheese, butter milk, etc.)
- Pasta, rice, beans and other grains
- Coffee grounds and paper filters
- Soiled tea bags
- Jellies and sauces
- Spoiled food
- Paper towels, napkins and muffin papers
- Plant trimmings
Specially Designed Compostable Products – BPI Certified Only
- BPI Certified Compostable service ware
- #7 PLA Drink Cups
- BPI Certified compostable plastic utensils
- BPI Certified compostable plastic Bags
NOT Accepted Non-Compostable Products
- NO Waxed cardboard
- NO Yard waste, branches or tree trimmings
- NO Foil candy wrappers
- NO Butter wrappers
- NO Plastic-coated disposable paper products, such as coffee cups, plates, bowls, frozen food boxes, etc.
- NO Plastic cups, lids, straws or tableware
- NO Rubber or latex gloves and bandages
- NO Styrofoam or packing peanuts
- NO Twist ties, twine, and rubber bands
- NO Plastic strapping
- NO Hazardous wastes, chemicals, medicines