FOOD WASTE & Compost
As of November 1, 2016, only food scraps are accepted in the business compost program we provide.
Items such as compostable serviceware, to-go boxes, compostable cups, waxed or regular cardboard, and other paper products are no longer accepted.
All food waste including:
- bones and fat trimmings
- dairy products
- fruits and vegetables
- meat, poultry and seafood
- spoiled food
Limited food-soiled non-recyclable paper including:
- coffee grounds and filters
- tea bags
Other materials including:
- floral and grass clippings
- Certified compostable liner bags
- NO branches and tree trimmings
- NO foil candy wrappers
- NO butter wrappers
- NO plastic-coated disposable paper products, such as coffee cups, plates, bowls, frozen food boxes, etc.
- NO compostable dishware disposable products
- NO plastic cups, lids, straws and tableware
- NO plastic gloves and bandages
- NO styrofoam and packing peanuts
- NO paper towels and napkins
- NO twist ties
- NO twine
- NO plastic strapping
- NO hazardous wastes
We are one of the only vendors in the Greater Boston Area that can pick up your food scraps – no matter how much you generate!
We have provided food waste collection since 2007. We are working with a range of businesses and institutions to provide food scrap collections, and help them comply with the 2014 Massachusetts DEP Organics Waste Ban.
We will maintain our relationships with our farm-based compost processing partners.
ORGANICS RECOVERY FACILITY