We provide two organics waste diversion and recycling programs:
1) “Front of the house” – our clean stream, not including compostable dishware.
2) “Back of the house” – our dirty stream, including compostable dishware.
All food waste including:
- bones and fat trimmings
- dairy products
- fruits and vegetables
- meat, poultry and seafood
- spoiled food
All food soiled non-recyclable paper including:
- coffee grounds and filters
- paper napkins and towels
- paperboard and other cereal box-type material
- tea bags
- wet or waxed cardboard
Other materials including:
- floral and grass clippings
- biodegradable liner bags made from cornstarch
- biodegradable containers, dishware and utensils* (only with our dirty compost route).
- NO branches and tree trimmings
- NO foil candy wrappers
- NO butter wrappers
- NO plastic-coated disposable paper products, such as coffee cups, plates, bowls, frozen food boxes, etc.
- NO plastic cups, lids, straws and tableware
- NO plastic gloves and bandages
- NO styrofoam and packing peanuts
- NO twist ties
- NO twine
- NO plastic strapping
- NO hazardous wastes
In the summer of 2014 we will have our new organics processing facility up and running at our MRF in Charlestown
We are one of the ONLY vendors in the Greater Boston Area that can pick up your organic waste – no matter how much you generate! We are working with a range of businesses and institutions to help them comply with the 2014 Massachusetts DEP Organics Waste Ban.