We provide two organics waste diversion and recycling programs:
1) “Front of the house” – our clean stream, not including compostable dishware.
2) “Back of the house” – our dirty stream, including compostable dishware.
All food waste including:
- bones and fat trimmings
- dairy products
- fruits and vegetables
- meat, poultry and seafood
- spoiled food
All food soiled non-recyclable paper including:
- coffee grounds and filters
- paper napkins and towels
- paperboard and other cereal box-type material
- tea bags
- wet or waxed cardboard
Other materials including:
- floral and grass clippings
- biodegradable liner bags made from cornstarch
- biodegradable containers, dishware and utensils* (only with our dirty compost route).
- NO branches and tree trimmings
- NO foil candy wrappers
- NO butter wrappers
- NO plastic-coated disposable paper products, such as coffee cups, plates, bowls, frozen food boxes, etc.
- NO plastic cups, lids, straws and tableware
- NO plastic gloves and bandages
- NO styrofoam and packing peanuts
- NO twist ties
- NO twine
- NO plastic strapping
- NO hazardous wastes
We are one of the ONLY vendors in the Greater Boston Area that can pick up your organic waste – no matter how much you generate! We are working with a range of businesses and institutions to help them comply with the 2014 Massachusetts DEP Organics Waste Ban.
The majority of the food waste we collect is processed into high-quality, nutrient-rich compost at Brick Ends Farm, in Hamilton, MA. The final product is re-sold under the Kidz-B-Kidz brand, and proceeds support youth arts programming and medical research.