Sensitive document destruction continues to be an important aspect of paper recycling. Save That Stuff has worked closely with our government and medical/healthcare clients to develop an effective document destruction approach that meets both their operational demands and key regulatory requirements such as HIPAA:
- Paper is stored in locked carts. Chain of custody is initiated when the paper enters our locked vehicle.
- The material is manifested and transported to our enclosed facility.
- It is mixed with approximately 200 tons of other business paper.
- It is crushed into 2,000 pound wire-clad bales.
- The paper is then shipped in an enclosed tractor-trailer to a paper mill.
- Finally, the ink is washed off the paper during the recycling process.
- Save That Stuff provides a Chain of Custody Certificate of Destruction.
Save That Stuff can also provide on-site shredding and off-site shredding services. Both of these come with a Chain of Custody Certificate of Destruction as well.